Last night all of the boys (Tenneson, Noah, Ethan, and Ryan) were all in the basement while the adults were playing cards. Noah came running upstairs screaming and holding his arm saying "I think I broke my arm again". We weren't sure what to think, but after we calmed him down we headed to the InstaCare. Sure enough, his arm was broken! I am still not 100% sure I understand what happened to his arm, but somehow his arm got stuck in the sofa and was sat on.
Noah is doing fine, I think he quite enjoys the attention. He said he actually likes having a broken arm because then people do things for you. He also asked me this morning if I could make him a treat to cheer him up because he is still not feeling too cheery. I guess we will let him milk the injury for a little while.
The doctor said to let the swelling go down and get a cast put on in about a week. We will call the pediatrician on Monday and see what he wants us to do. I am hoping that we can even wait until the 15th so that he doesn't have a 2 day old cast for his baptism. I would like to avoid a wet cast that early. It will be very stinky by week 6 if we start out like that!
Here are some pictures of Noah and his x-ray. I circled the broken area. It is hard to see from the scan, the original is much clearer. It is the same bone I broke this summer.

Poor Noah! I think every family has a 'noah'! Hope he gets feeling better soon, and that you guys get busy making him lots of treats!!! Congrats to Noah too un his upcoming baptism. How exciting!
ReplyDelete